Resilient Communications Made Easy – Part 5
What’s the solution for making resilient communications easy?
We’ve asked a lot of questions in this series of articles, and discussed some of the roadblocks we’ve seen our customers face:
- Why are communications important to resilience?
- What do we mean by resilient communications?
- What stops you investing in resilient communications?
- What stops you using resilient communications?
We’ve also talked about the potential answers to those questions, and how we’ve seen people overcome those barriers:
- Diversity from beginning to end – multiple ways to access your communications service.
- Think about using SMS texts and voice calls to trigger alerts, as well as using a web dashboard.
- What happens if you don’t have internet access at your end because of the situation you are trying to handle?
- Just because you are using cloud based software, don’t restrict yourself to something you can ONLY access via the cloud.
The same goes for data maintenance. This is a really key point that bears repeating – OUR service is only as good as YOUR data. Whatever solution you choose, it should be clearly part of your processes and workflows and you should be able to maintain it in the way that works best for you. Only have a small contact list and want to manage via Excel? It’s possible. Have something more complex, and don’t want someone physically uploading a spreadsheet? It’s possible. Have a fluid workforce and want real time updates between your HR system and a mass notification service? It’s possible.