Why do we collect information?
If you are visiting our Website, we collect information to help us improve your experience and make it easier for you to find the information you are looking for. The lawful basis for processing the information that we collect from our Website is our legitimate interests in monitoring and improving our Website.
If you are using our Services, we collect information to allow us to fulfil our contractual obligations to our Customers, and to improve the overall experience for end users of our Services. The lawful basis for processing the information that we collect from our Services is that it is necessary under contract.
What information do we collect?
Visiting our Website
• Our Website is not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information about it’s visitors.
• Our Website does collect non-personal information, such as your domain name and/or IP address, GPS location, the type of device you are using to access the Website, which internet browser you are using to access the Website, the operating system you are using, which pages you visit and how long you spend on each page. We the way in which we collect this information does not identify anyone, and we will not associate any data gathered from our Website with any personal information gathered from other sources.
• We collect non-personal information about Website visitors using cookies. Cookies are small text files that are placed on the device you are using to access our Website and are widely used to make websites work, or to make them work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
• We use Google Analytics to collect non-personal information about visitors to our Website. You can find out more about Google’s privacy and security practices here.
• Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through your browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, you can visit allaboutcookies.org.
• To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, you can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
• If you use one or more of our Website contact forms to request a demonstration of our Services, further information about our Services, or a trial account of our Services, we will collect your name and contact information so that we can provide the information you have requested.
Using our Services to register for free alerts via a Registration Portal
• If you use our Services for the purposes of registering yourself to receive free alerts from one or more of our Customers, we will collect your contact information (such as your email address, telephone numbers and physical address) so that we can deliver the Services that you have requested.
• We will also collect the same non-personal information that we collect if you visit our Website.
• We will not associate any non-personal information that we collect with any personal information you provide.
Using our Services in any other way
• If you use our Services for any purpose other than registering yourself to receive free alerts from one of our Customers, we will collect information about who you are and your actions whilst using our Services.
• The information we collect will include the same information that we collect if you visit our Website. We will also collect your user name and a record of all actions you carry out within our Services.
• Because we are collecting your user name, we will associate the non-personal information that we collect with your personal information.
• We use this information to fulfil our contractual obligations to provide the Services, to help us address Customer support issues and to enhance the features and overall functionality of our Services.
How do we use the information we collect?
In all cases, we will maintain the confidentiality of all personally identifiable information unless we are required by law to disclose your information. We may share your information with our own providers as and when needed to allow us to deliver the Services you have requested. If we need to do this, we will always have a Data Processing Agreement in place with our provider, which is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA) and has terms no less onerous than those imposed on Alert Cascade in our contracts with our Customers.
Personally Identifiable Information will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We may keep information that we collect when you use our Services to comply with any legal obligation that we are subject to, and to fulfil our contractual obligations. It is our policy to tell you if we receive requests for your personal information before we share it, unless we are prohibited from doing so by law. We don’t keep your information for any longer than necessary.
Your relationship with Alert Cascade
Most of the information that is processed through the Services is collected by our Customers and transferred by our Customers into their Services. In such cases, Alert Cascade is not involved in, and has no responsibility for, the initial collection of this information. We may also provide Customers with a Registration Portal as part of their Services, and they may choose to allow you to provide your personal data directly to them via the Registration Portal for use within their Services.
This means that although we may be processing tour data, we do not necessarily have a direct relationship with you. In these cases, Alert Cascade is acting as the Data Processor under the meaning of the GDPR and DPA, and the Customer is acting as the Data Controller.
For Data Subjects in the EU:
We value your data subject rights under the GDPR and have therefore appointed GDPR-Rep.eu as representatives according to Article 27 of the GDPR, and to provide you with an easy way to submit us a privacy related request, such as a request to access or erase your Personal Data. If you would like to make use of your data subject rights, please visit: https://gdpr-rep.eu/q/15901497. Alternatively, you can write to us as the following address:
Maetzler Rechtsanwalts GmbH & Co KG
Attorneys at Law
c/o Alert Cascade Limited
Schellinggasse 3/10, 1010 Vienna, Austria
Please add the following subject to all correspondence: GDPR-REP ID 15901497